Saturday 8 January 2011

Trend alert - Botanical Prints


When the house to home network tweeted this image above asking if people loved or loathed botanical prints I held up my hand to declare my love. For days I had been researching Redoute rose prints. Pierre-Joseph Redoute was a French artist of the late 18th and 19th century. He produced a book called Les Roses and here are some beautiful images from said book.



I had originally been inspired by this image I found on Pinterest originally from Pluuperi and wanted to find out where I could get some beautiful rose illustrations which led me to Redoute's Les Roses (ebay does a nice line) . 



But you don't need to go down the pink floral route to follow this trend. Here are some rather lovely neutral interiors that incorporate it.





What I really like about this trend as you can go really chintz or quite minimal with these prints What do you think? Do you love or loath?

Images / House to Home / Fine Rare Prints / Pluuperi / Belle Vivir

2 comments:

  1. I'm probably somewhere between love and loath. I really like that first image but something bothers me when I look at the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,

    I'm definately a fan of this! Especially when the pictures are from second hand markets and put together. Saw a similir shot on the blog of a Dutch stylist which I loved: http://pimpelwitstyling.blogspot.com/2010/11/inspiratie-voor-het-weekend.html
    Your first Pinterest shot I like the most. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to buy anymore florals & prints since it's getting a bit too much in my house. My challenge this year: also keeping it serene ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails